When dealing with cash in the field, very often, you’re not just giving it out, but also collecting it from staff, beneficiaries and customers.
Beyonic Collections make it very easy for organizations using Beyonic’s platform to set up a system for collecting cash over mobile. They work hand in hand with Beyonic Payments to help you reduce cash use in the field, and easily adopt mobile payments across your organization.
Beyonic’s collection tools include a number of robust features that reduce common errors made by subscribers and also reduce the number of steps subscribers have to go through when sending you payments. See “Why use Beyonic Collections” for more information.
To get started with Beyonic collections, all you have to do is choose a reference keyword:
- When your administrator logs into your Beyonic account, they will see a new Collections Menu. Under that, they will see a “Collections Settings” menu, that will enable them to enter a reference keyword, which will ensure that you get your payments directly to your account. The reference code should be one word, or one set of numbers.
- They can also optionally select a contact who will receive all collections as pay-outs to their mobile phone in real time. Use this with caution, because each payout costs transfer and withdrawal fees.
Once this is done, communicate the collections instructions to your payees.
Beyonic collections instructions:
Once you enable Beyonic collections, your staff, beneficiaries and customers in the field can send you money using their mobile money “pay bill” functionality. All they need to do is use Beyonic’s codes for the merchant (see below), and use your reference keyword for the reference.
Beyonic’s merchant codes:
Your payees should enter the following codes for the merchant or service provider when making a payment to you:
- MTN Uganda: beyonic
- AIRTEL Uganda: 998998
- Safaricom Kenya (MPESA): 972111
Entering the reference:
In addition, your payees should also enter your chosen reference code as the reference.
Entering additional information for your records:
Note: They can include ANY other information AFTER the reference, so you can include additional information in your instructions to them, e.g personal ids, account ids, etc. These will be passed on to you undisturbed.
For example: If your reference keyword is “payme“, they can enter “payme 1234”, “payme1234” or “payme Lule Gerald” and you will get your payment.
Go to the "Per country instructions" section of our collections guide to see examples (with pictures) for each country and network we support.
When you login, you can view all received collections by clicking “Collections” > “View Collections”
Receiving collection notifications:
You can configure a URL to which notifications will be sent whenever you receive a collection. To do this, your administrator should:
- Go to your organization profile page (by clicking your organization name)
- Select the settings “cogwheel” and select “Manage Webhooks”
- Add a webhook for the “collections.recieved” event.
Collection notifications will also be emailed to the email address registered as the primary contact for your organization. Your administrator can change this by going to your organization profile page and clicking “Profile” for the extended organization profile.