Starting July 2017, Mpesa Kenya requires that all Beyonic customers have their own Paybill codes. Depending on whether you want to use Beyonic for incoming or outgoing payments, you may need one or two codes (each code only works in one direction).
Beyonic charges 150$ on-boarding fee. Our full concierge service covers:
- Document preparation & Certification for application for up to 2 Paybills
- Paybill setup and MPESA API integration
- Government mandated compliance checks and due-diligence
Once paid, follow these steps to get started:
Step 1: Getting Started
- Sign up for a Beyonic account at https://app.beyonic.com/signup
- Send us an email at [email protected] with the KYC documents listed here. In the email, specify what type of code you need and include a description of your company and the service that you want to use Beyonic for:
- In the email, also designate an admin who will receive all official emails from Safaricom/Beyonic. Note that Beyonic will add this email to an email list that will include your Beyonic account manager, so that both Beyonic and your admin receive all communications related to your Paybill/ Bulk Payment Account
- If you have questions, we will be happy to go over your options with you!
Step 2: Beyonic compiles the KYC docs & makes an official Paybill/Bulk Payment code application to Safaricom. (Usually takes 3-5 days)
- We will ensure all is in order, and send the documents to Safaricom.
- Safaricom’s process usually takes 2-3 working days upon submission of all the required document. If there are some missing documents, we will notify you and repeat the process.
- Once complete, Safaricom will provide us with your Paybill codes.
Step 3: Beyonic Paybill/ Bulk Payment confirmation
- Beyonic confirms that the Paybill/Bulk Payment Account details have been sent to the the joint group email.
- Beyonic confirm that you and Beyonic have the login credentials to the Mpesa portals so that you can see all transactions happening on your account.
Step 4: B2B Set-up which enables ease of transfer and management of funds between you and Beyonic
- This step allows Beyonic to update the funds on your paybills & is a prerequisite for connecting the Paybill/Bulk Payment to Beyonic’s APIs.
- We'll then give you pre-filled B2B application and Terms and Conditions forms needed for your signature and stamp
- Forward signed documents to Safaricom for B2B set-up. This should take upto 48 hours
Step 5: Integration and Mapping to Beyonic’s System. This should take 2-3 days
- Create an account on Safaricom developer portal
- Give account administrator rights to short code(s)
- Create tests cases and submit to Safaricom for approval. Could take up to 48 hours.
- Get production credentials from Safaricom and add to Beyonic org settings.
- Do live tests (Should take a couple of hours)
Step 6: You are live-Congratulations!